Game Boy Advance
September 1, 2002
ESRB: Teen (T) for Animated Blood, Violence
Turok: Evolution is a 2D side-scrolling shooter video game developed by RFX Interactive and published by Acclaim Entertainment. A handheld port for the 2002 home console video game with the same name, it was released for the Game Boy Advance on September 1st of the same year.
The story begins in 1886. Captain Tobias Bruckner's cavalry crushes the Saquin Nation. Tal'Set, the only survivor, confronts Bruckner in a duel to the death. A sudden mystical door appears and plunges them into darkness. The door leads Tal'Set into the Lost Lands. There he meets the River People. Djunn, the tribe's greatest warrior, agrees to aid Tal'Set in his quest.
The game is a side-scrolling shooter with the player facing many adversaries while picking up weapons to combat the constant threats.
List of AppearancesEdit
- 3-Way Gun (First appearance)
- Double Erasergun (First appearance)
- Energy Hook (First appearance)
- Gatling Gun
- Homing Rocket
- Laser Blaster
- Mini M1
- Rocket Launcher
- Space Eagle (First appearance)
- Submachine Gun
- Super Shotgun (First appearance)
- Tachyon Burner (First appearance)
- X-Bound (First appearance)
- Cool Supply (First appearance)
- Elder Spirit (First appearance)
- Guardian Angel (First appearance)
- Magic Turok Satchel (First appearance)
- Rave Weapon (First appearance)
Organizations and groupsEdit
IGN's Craig Harris gave the game an 8.0 out of 10. "It's a little on the short side, and that password save is a real drag...but other than those issues, Acclaim and developer RFX have a great GBA title under their belts."
Notes and referencesEdit
|List of Turok Games|