|Political and military information|
- "The Fireborn are a bizarre Dinosoid species with the unique ability to resist injury by flame. Born of centuries of genetic and magical experimentation, their unique resistance means that they can pursue Turok through fire or lava without sustaining injury. It is rumored that the blood of these creatures runs as hot as the core of the planet itself. As testament to this fact, the footsteps of the Fireborn have been known to set forests ablaze."
- —Turok 2: Seeds of Evil Official Strategy Guide
The Fireborn are one of the most devastating species of Dinosoid in the Dinosoid Army but also one of the rarest. Unlike their purely organic counterparts, the Fireborn are the result of centuries of magical and genetic experimentation to create a warrior capable of surviving extreme temperatures.
The Fireborn are a type of Dinosoid that dwell in a volcanic region of Galyanna known as the Mountain of the Sun. They possess great intellect and are skilled combatants.
It is unknown if the Fireborn are territorial beings or if they tolerate their neighbors, the Blind Ones, as both races reside in the same area. It is possible they fight for territorial control.
Types of FirebornEdit
In Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion, it was revealed that there is more than one type of Fireborn. They are just as hostile as the rest of the Dinosoids and will attack anyone that ventures into their territory.
The first form to be seen is the Magmite, which Joshua Fireseed first encountered in Turok 2: Seeds of Evil while traversing the Lair of the Blind Ones. This is the the most common and recognizable type of Fireborn.
In Turok 3, Joseph and Danielle Fireseed enter a guarded passage within a mysterious pyramid that leads to a Fireborn nest housing the Gem of Fire. There, new forms of Fireborn are seen: the Legionnaire and the Alpha Fireborn. In one area of the nest, called the Nursery, eggs can be seen resting in pockets of lava.
- Magmite: A creature almost identical to the Endtrails but with a different head-shape. It is the most common type of Fireborn and will attack Turok using melted rocks.
- Legionnaire: A bigger Fireborn. It will attack Turok using either its large, blade-like arms or the fire it produces from its mouth.
- Alpha Fireborn: The original Fireborn. It draws energy directly from the surrounding lava.
List of appearancesEdit
- Turok #2: Snakes in the House (First mentioned)
- Turok Online Exclusive Webcomic (First appearance)
- Turok 2: Seeds of Evil comic adaptation
- Turok: Way of the Warrior
- Turok: Seeds of Evil novel
- Turok: Arena of Doom (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
|Enemies of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil|